Technology is a beautiful thing.
It allows us to complete work and communicate from thousands of miles away, as if we are in the same room.
Even in the past ten years, technology has come a long way from where it was.
Unfortunately, a lot of artists are still doing things the hard way: scheduling social media posts manually, communicating on many different platforms and letting messages slip through the cracks, or making merch sales manually via PayPal.
There are tons of apps out there to help businesses grow and succeed, and there are even quite a few designed specifically for artists.
Listen now to learn about nine types of app every band should have a grasp of, and how you can get started with easy to use digital tools.
What you’ll learn:
- What areas every artist should invest into to be taken seriously
- How you can make your social media management 10x easier
- Why mailing lists are vital to a band’s business, even in 2020
- How you can reliably sell merch online
- Why you should consider several different distribution channels before choosing one
- How to get a branded band email for just $6/month
- Why using multiple systems for file transfer is a terrible idea
- What tools you can use to effectively communicate with your band and third parties
Discuss this episode
Click here to join the discussion in our Facebook community.
To help keep Bandhive going, we sometimes use affiliate links. This means that if you buy something using one of the links below we may get a small commission. This absolutely does not affect what you pay for any of the linked items – your price will be the same whether you use our links or not. This trickle of income is what helps us keep the free content flowing!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Alive In Barcelona
Pinnacle Pro Sound
Bandhive on Facebook
26: How to Stop Losing Opportunities and Start Communicating With TEETH
37: 5 Inspirational Innovations In The Music Industry | What Will You Come Up With?
Social media tools
Digital music distributors
Ari’s Take on digital distribution
Email tools (internal)
Episode Transcript (automatic – excuse errors)