This week on the Bandhive Podcast, I’m speaking with Ryan Camuto of Royal Hearts.
At first glance, Royal Hearts may seem like any other regional band… But that’s where you’d be wrong.
You see, not only can Royal Hearts bring 50 people to a show, Ryan does it (almost) alone as the rest of the band lives several hours away and can’t offer “boots on the ground” promotional efforts.
Royal Hearts are doing the work, and have been rewarded with opening slots for bands such as Cane Hill, Emery, and We Came as Romans – and they didn’t even have to ask.
Listen to now to hear Ryan discuss how Royal Hearts has harnessed their strengths to put on a great show, grow their fanbase, and stay active online!
What you’ll learn:
- How your market affects the attitude of the local scene
- Why local shows should be earlier
- Getting your band booked with national headliners
- Selling more merch by raising prices
- Relocating to a new market and growing your band to new heights
- Why your first fans are probably going to be musicians
- Getting other artists and companies to reshare your content for free
- Creating a community for your core supporters
- How being present and a good hang improves your career
- People who spend money on tickets are the same people who would buy merch
Discuss this episode
Click here to join the discussion in our Facebook community.
To help keep Bandhive going, we sometimes use affiliate links. This means that if you buy something using one of the links below we may get a small commission. This absolutely does not affect what you pay for any of the linked items – your price will be the same whether you use our links or not. This trickle of income is what helps us keep the free content flowing!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Royal Hearts online
@royalheartsfl on Instagram
@royalheartsfl on TikTok
@royalhearts on YouTube
@royalheartsfl on Twitter
Pinnacle Pro Sound
Bandhive on Facebook
#156: The Modern DIY Band: John James Ryan of Keep Flying
Music and Bands
We Came as Romans
So Over It
Of Mice & Men
Companies and Websites
Episode Transcript (automatic – excuse errors)