We all know that one person… Their entire life, at least according to their social media posts, is a dumpster fire.
They may be a perfectly nice human being in person, but online they whine, whine, and whine.
Whether it’s about how bad their life is, politics, or something else, they are doing the opposite of what they should be doing.
By nurturing relationships and building your personal brand, you will be able to boost your career and watch your band’s success skyrocket.
So, don’t be that guy on social media… Consider your pages an extension of the band’s presence, and work hard to build long-lasting relationships with your family, friends, and fans.
Listen now to find out how you can pull this off like a natural!
What you’ll learn:
- Why you should avoid ranting on social media… Whether it’s the band’s page or your own
- How you can avoid destroying relationships with your fans (and friends/family)
- Why politics on social media is a very dangerous topic when you are an artist
- Why having a good personal brand is great for the band’s brand and vice versa
- Why nurturing relationships with people is incredibly important to a successful career
- What you can do to boost your local music scene
- Why you should always be sincere
- How you can boost your relationship with someone by being a go-giver
- Why you should do favors without expecting anything in return
- Why hard work and smart work lose out to honest work
Discuss this episode
Click here to join the discussion in our Facebook community
To help keep Bandhive going, we sometimes use affiliate links. This means that if you buy something using one of the links below we may get a small commission. This absolutely does not affect what you pay for any of the linked items – your price will be the same whether you use our links or not. This trickle of income is what helps us keep the free content flowing!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Alive In Barcelona
Pinnacle Pro Sound
Bandhive on Facebook
The Reality of Life on The Road
5 Things You Can Do To Avoid Becoming THAT Band At Shows
Artists, People, and Pop Culture
Front Porch Step
Listen to Short Skirt/Long Jacket by Cake on Apple Music
Cake Facebook page
Matt Greiner of August Burns Red
Nights Like Thieves
Say Days Ago
Organizations and Apps
Download Garden: Stay In Touch on the Apple App Store
The Go-Giver by Bob Burg and John David Mann
How To Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
Episode Transcript (automatic – excuse errors)