There are lots of different elements that go into running a successful band… Way too many for any one person to handle, unless it’s their full time job!
So how can you effectively manage your DIY band without going insane?
Listen now to find out how you can make your life easier by dividing band roles and responsibilities in a logical, thought out manner that focuses on the natural strengths you and your bandmates possess.
What you’ll learn:
- Why you need to have “aces in their places”
- How not assigning roles could hurt your band
- Why tracking your expenses will save money in the long run
- How negotiating your contracts carefully can save thousands of dollars by avoiding a bad deal
- What you can do to find your bandmates natural talents to give them the right duties
- Why choosing these roles wisely can protect you from one of the worst things to happen to a band: van crashes
- How planning for the unexpected events of tour life can mean not missing shows you would’ve missed if you didn’t plan ahead
- Why you need to “beat” Murphy’s Law
- What goes into the logistics of running a tour, and why you always need a backup plan
Discuss this episode
Click here to join the discussion in our Facebook community.
To help keep Bandhive going, we sometimes use affiliate links. This means that if you buy something using one of the links below we may get a small commission. This absolutely does not affect what you pay for any of the linked items – your price will be the same whether you use our links or not. This trickle of income is what helps us keep the free content flowing!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Alive In Barcelona
Pinnacle Pro Sound
Bandhive on Facebook
#4: How to Survive Winter Tours (And Not Hate Them)
YNAB (You Need A Budget)
Artists and Music
Lost in the Sound of Separation
Episode Transcript (automatic – excuse errors)