Please give a welcome to the third and final co-host of the Bandhive Podcast… Matt Hoos of Alive In Barcelona!
After nearly a decade following the Vans Warped Tour, Matt and his bandmates built up a following of over 25,000 fans and made thousands of dollars in sales… All without being an official part of the tour.
Listen now to find out how you can follow in Matt’s footsteps at other festivals around the world.
What you’ll learn:
- How Matt and his bandmates realized that selling CDs and merch outside Warped Tour was a massive opportunity for their band.
- Why grinding every single day is one of the keys to creating a successful band
- Why falling asleep in a mall is dangerous when blessthefall is nearby
- How you can sell CDs and merch to random people on the road
- How networking and putting in effort can lead to future job opportunities – even years later
- Why taking risks is one of the things bands often need to do (as with any business)
- How building relationships over time helped grow Alive In Barcelona’s following
- Why Less Than Jake is a great example for DIY artists to look up to
- Why you should promote your music at festivals
Discuss this episode
Click here to join the discussion in our Facebook community.
To help keep Bandhive going, we sometimes use affiliate links. This means that if you buy something using one of the links below we may get a small commission. This absolutely does not affect what you pay for any of the linked items – your price will be the same whether you use our links or not. This trickle of income is what helps us keep the free content flowing!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Alive In Barcelona
Pinnacle Pro Sound
Then, Now, Always
Bandhive on Facebook
Cringy 2010 stuff
Musicians and People
I Fight Dragons
Travie McCoy (Gym Class Heroes)
Adam Carson (AFI)
Rage Against The Machine
Less Than Jake
Venues and Buildings
House of Blues Boston
“Cash Register” building
Episode Transcript (automatic – excuse errors)