How many times have you thought, “I wish I had more time”?
The good news is there’s something you can do about it…
But only if you decide against wasting hours doing something that someone else can do better (in an hour or less).
Too many times we get caught up in do it yourself and don’t apply the mindset of decide it yourself – we need to have the self-awareness to understand when hiring a third party is the best option to get things done right.
Listen now to find out when it might be time to hire some help for your band!
What you’ll learn:
- How you can find more time in your schedule after you’ve already cut out any wasted time
- What opportunity cost means for your business (aka your band)
- Why letting someone else handle tasks for you can save you time and money
- Why you need to recognize what you can do and what others should do for you
- Why practicing on lots of projects is better than fixating on the details of one project to make it “perfect”
- Why accounting is one of the most important things you should hire an outsider for
- How saving $200 but wasting 12 hours could be the wrong move
- Why you should hire an entertainment lawyer to look over any major deal you’re offered
- Why a publicist is a waste of money for most bands
- How the staff you take on tour can affect the outcome of the tour
Discuss this episode
Click here to join the discussion in our Facebook community.
To help keep Bandhive going, we sometimes use affiliate links. This means that if you buy something using one of the links below we may get a small commission. This absolutely does not affect what you pay for any of the linked items – your price will be the same whether you use our links or not. This trickle of income is what helps us keep the free content flowing!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Pinnacle Pro Sound
Bandhive on Facebook
Artists and Music
Listen to Sing the Sorrow by AFI on Apple Music
Listen to The Hands That Thieve by Streetlight Manifesto
Episode Transcript (automatic – excuse errors)