Being in a band is fun when you have the right group of people around you and you’re playing music that makes you feel alive. That’s how it should be!
But as soon as you step off that stage (and before you ever get on it, in fact), the other 90% of running your band’s business kicks in. The time where you have to schedule social posts, book shows, review agreements, network with other artists, etc. etc.
That’s why we want to highlight all the work outside of playing music in this episode – so you can understand the true scale of what’s needed for a music career.
Listen now to learn how you can handle the 90% of being in a band that isn’t music – from driving the van to crafting your branding!
What you’ll learn:
- What being in a band means – aside from playing music
- Which tasks in your back are easily delegated
- Effectively managing your social media brand to grow your fanbase
- Hiring a driver for your tours
- The way to getting consistent sound for your shows
- What happens when you sign a bad record deal
- How to pay your manager and agent
- When to pay flat rate vs. a percentage
- The importance of having a good circle of contractors and staff
Discuss this episode
Click here to join the discussion in our Facebook community.
To help keep Bandhive going, we sometimes use affiliate links. This means that if you buy something using one of the links below we may get a small commission. This absolutely does not affect what you pay for any of the linked items – your price will be the same whether you use our links or not. This trickle of income is what helps us keep the free content flowing!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Alive In Barcelona
Pinnacle Pro Sound
Join us on Discord!
Click here to join the Bandhive Discord server!
Bandhive on Facebook
#52: There's No “I” In Team: Make Better Music by Knowing When to Ask for Help
Music and Bands
@sensesfail on Twitter
– Life Is Not a Waiting Room
A Day to Remember
Tools, Companies, and Places
Parks and Recreation
Episode Transcript (automatic – excuse errors)